What is a “Doula”?
Doula is a greek work which means, "to mother the mother". A doula is
trained and experienced in childbirth, who provides continuous physical,
emotional, and informational support to a woman and her birth partner
during labor, birth and the immediate postpartum period.
- Physical comfort via relaxation techniques, massage,
positioning suggestions, etc.
- Unconditional and continuous emotional support
- Information and assistance in making informed birth decisions
- I do NOT perform clinical tasks. I do not take your blood pressure, perform fetal heart checks,
or physical exams, etc.
- I do NOT make decisions for you. I will help you get the information you need to make informed decisions on your own.
- I do NOT speak to the staff for you regarding matters where decisions are being made. Either you or your partner should speak directly to the staff on your behalf.
Have more questions? Read the Frequently Asked Questions or email me!