1. What training and education do you have?
2. What is your philosophy about childbirth and supporting women and their partners through labor?
3. When do you try to join women in labor - at our home or at the place of birth?
I will come to either your home or the place of birth, be it a hospital or birthing center. I prefer to join you at home so that I can encourage you to stay there as long as possible. A laboring mother is always most comfortable in her own home.
4. Will you meet with us to discuss our birth plans and the role that you will play in supporting us through childbirth?
I like to do 1-2 initial meetings. The first is an interview where you can meet me, learn who I am, and find out about my philosophy and the services that I provide. The second meeting, which takes place between weeks 35 and 37, is a more in depth one, focusing on your birth preferences, desires, worries or concerns. The final meeting takes place between weeks 1 and 3 of your Babymoon.
5. May we call you with questions or concerns before or after the birth?
I carry my cell phone day and night. It rings at all hours and I will answer as cheerfully as possible, no matter when or why you might call. I always provide my clients with several methods to reach me. If for some reason you don't reach me, keep trying and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
6. Do you work with one or more backup doulas for times when you are not available? May we meet them?
Currently there are not enough doulas in the Carroll, Baltimore, and Howard County area for me to have a backup for each birth. I have never missed a birth and I am available and in town for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your due date. I do have some doula friends I can call upon in an emergency.
7. What is your fee, what services does it include and what are your refund policies?
I charge $800 per birth. This charge covers the services listed here.
8. Will you provide references?
I’d be more than happy to provide you with references from my past clients and provide you with several whom you can speak to directly about my services.